Don’t expect any sympathy in Douglas County, Georgia because a DUI conviction will jeopardize your job, because you have never been in trouble before, or because you don’t think you are guilty.
Make no mistake about it – Douglas County is an especially difficult jurisdiction when it comes to defending motorists charged with DUI. You can expect three days in jail on a first offense, and an additional four days if you refuse the state administered test and the police get a search warrant.
Of course, there is another option – DEFEND YOURSELF!
Hire the best for DUI defense in West Georgia
Defense Attorney Allen Trapp will fight to protect your driver’s license, avoid the stigma of a DUI conviction, and give you back your good name. He is the “Go To Guy for DUI” in West Georgia for good reason.
He has the experience and the knowledge to make a difference in your life. Unlike the lawyers who also handle civil cases, he is highly trained and concentrates his criminal defense practice on the specialized area of DUI defense.
For attorneys who do not specialize in DUI defense it can be impossible to keep up with the ever-changing DUI laws – much less DUI defenses.
Before you hire an attorney for your Douglas County DUI case, ask these questions:
- How many DUI jury trials have you handled?
- Have you ever taken a case to trial with a test result “over the legal limit” of .08 and obtained a “not guilty” verdict?
- Are you board certified by the National College for DUI Defense, or even a member of the College?
- How many times in the past five years have you lectured on DUI-related topics at seminars attended by other lawyers?
- Have you been honored by your fellow Georgia Lawyers with selection as a SUPER LAWYER, placing you in the upper 5% of lawyers in the state?
How is Allen Trapp different than DUI attorneys in Douglas County, GA?
- One of only five attorneys in the State of Georgia who is board certified by the National College for DUI defense.
- The only attorney in West Georgia who has fulfilled all of the requirements for the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) 24-hour Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Course.
- The only attorney in West Georgia who has also successfully completed a Drug Recognition Expert Course. In addition, he is a five–time graduate of the advanced course “Mastering Scientific Evidence in DUI/DWI Cases.”
- Co-author of Georgia DUI Survival Guide, now in its third edition, author of Georgia Criminal Law Survival Guide, and co-author ofTennessee Criminal Law: Handbook for Citizens.
- Chosen as a Georgia “Super Lawyer” in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Named DUI Lawyer of the Year in 2005 and DUI Appellate Lawyer of the Year in 2011 by the Georgia DODD (Defense of Drinking Drivers) Group.
If you submitted to a breath test, you should know that Allen Trapp owns an Intoxilyzer 5000, the same breath testing device used by police agencies across Georgia. Therefore, he understands the machine’s limitations. In December 2008, he graduated from an advanced blood testing and urine testing seminar attended by attorneys across the nation with the highest grade in the class.
He has lectured on DUI related topics numerous times in Georgia and across the nation. In recent years he has been invited to serve on the faculty of seminars in Wyoming, Louisiana, Massachusetts, South Carolina,Texas, Ohio, Mississipi, Florida, West Virginia, Alabama, and Arizona. As you will see, he is constantly improving his skills and seeking new information and trial techniques at meetings across the country.
Call our office at 770-830-8560 if you are looking for the best DUI attorney in Douglas County, Georgia.
When choosing someone to represent you in a DUI case, you can either hire someone who dabbles in DUI or someone who really knows the subject. I am board certified by the National College for DUI Defense, have been invited to serve on the faculty of DUI seminars in half a dozen states, and I own an Intoxilyzer 5000.
We don’t handle workers’ compensation, divorce or real estate. We represent people accused of crimes. If that’s what you need, if that’s what you’re looking for, give us a call at 770-830-8560.